The condition of the water that a person uses at home and for drinking is one of the determining factors for a high quality of life. Water usually enters the faucet to the end user in two ways.
Water from the water supply system may have a yellowish tint, a specific odor, as well as an increased content of hardness salts, less often iron, aluminum, and nitrates. Some impurities can affect the quality of water use in everyday life, and some negatively affect the organoleptic and toxicological qualities of water.
Well water often has increased hardness and iron content, and can also smell like rotten eggs (hydrogen sulfide). Almost any water requires a certain purification to bring it to a suitable state. Using the water purifier plays an important in the treatment of water for safe healthy consumption.
Below we give a classification of filters and tell you what impurities they can remove.
Adsorption water treatment
Why is water dangerous without purification?
Each water source is characterized by a certain set of contaminants, which are the determining factors.
And these are only the main pollution, in addition to them, the water can contain many more different pollutants, depending on the region where you live. The composition of the water may differ even within the same locality. If water is taken from a centralized water supply system, the main causes of pollution are:
- Outdated water treatment equipment that does not cope with the tasks assigned to it; chlorine odor due to excessive chlorination;
- The general condition of water intake sources and, as a consequence, the content of abnormal amounts of pollutants (usually water enters your tap from one of the reservoirs of your settlement);
- Color and odor of water as a result of imperfection and old age of pipelines.
If we talk about alternative sources of water, for example, wells, then the following problems arise:
- Reddish or gray coating on plumbing, metallic taste of water due to the high content of iron and manganese
- The smell of rotten eggs due to the high content of hydrogen sulfide
- Sticky coating on surfaces in contact with water, and high color of water – the content of suspended particles and bacteria.
- Therefore, before choosing a filter for water purification, you should consult with a specialist or even take water for analysis.
Which water filter to buy?
Today the market offers a wide range of equipment, you can choose water filters for a private house or apartment, which will provide safe water to you and your loved ones and will match your financial capabilities.
We tried to schematically depict a brief classification of household water filters. With this small map, you will be able to understand how to organize clean water in your home.
Home filters classification
If you are wondering how to choose water filter yourself, and when it is worth contacting a specialist, or you want to understand what the professionals are guided by in this matter, below we have prepared a more detailed material with an overview of filters to solve the most pressing problems in your home.
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019